Books I have reviewed or will be posting a review of:
- The Dragon of Ynys by Minerva Cerridwen
- Buddhism: An Introduction to the Buddha’s Life, Teachings, and Practices by Joan Duncan Oliver
- Mexican Gothic by Silvia Moreno-Garcia
- The month started off… poorly with To Have and To Hoax by Martha Waters. I just did not get on with this. I can’t even tell you why – but here we are. I ended up… not hate skimming the last half but unhappily skimming the last half. I found the plot went nowhere. The characters just were, frankly, juvenile and unlikeable. Just, hard no. The more distance between myself and this book the more I say – no, no thank you.
- I finally read Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates which everyone should read. I can’t comfortably dedicate a Thoughts post to this because I am not the reviewer for this. I am a human being with emotions though and any other human beings with emotions should read this. Amazing, sad, and impactful – read this.
- I wanted really badly to read a mystery this month – don’t ask me why, so I finally put on hold and got And Only to Deceive by Tasha Alexander. This is a mystery set in a Victorian time and setting. It deals with the trappings and impact of Society at the time and how our very quirky and unusual heroine gets wrapped up in a… let’s say scheme. I super enjoyed this and plan on continuing in this series. Colin is precious and I love him.
- I finally plowed through the Non-Ficiton Kindle book I’d been reading for what felt like forever – Hidden Valley Road: Inside the Mind of an American Family by Robert Kolker. Even though this took me awhile to read it was intensely fascinating, and wonderfully paced. I highly recommend this one.