Tendonitis be damned I managed to get some reading done in the last half of the month. Let me tell you, it’s not easy holding open a book when moving your thumb at all causes shooting pain.
Books I’ve read that I’ll be posting full Thoughts/Post on:
- Upright Women Wanted by Sarah Gailey
- I will cover Demon Slayer more in a future Series Post
- I will also talk about Pilgrimage of Swords in another post with it’s sequel Kraken’s Tooth if it’s not already posted
- Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell
- Home Before Dark by Riley Sager
- I’ve been trying to keep on topics related to my daughter and her development, so I picked this up when I spotted it at the library. Raising an Active Reader by Samantha Cleaver honestly talked on a lot of topics I’d gone over in college (I have a teaching degree), or that I was familiar with from my own reading. I do recommend it if you’re looking for the why and even some hows on raising toddler and up kids to be Active Readers. It’s a skill I think we need to encourage (obviously) and the book does a wonderful job of talking about a diverse range of books as well.
- I, yet again, jumped on the hype train and read The House in the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune. I’m glad, it was super cute and super sweet the kids are just – yes, wow, I loved them. I don’t plan on doing a post on this one because it’s SO hyped, like I do for a lot of books, but this was good. It was super sweet, and super cute. The style and the kids in this were wonderful.
- Another hyped read was You Had Me At Hola by Alexis Daria. Unfortunately this one had a pet peeve of mine as a plot device, just all kinds of self-inflicted drama instead of communication and it really shot itself in the foot for me. That aside it was super cute, I loved the male lead and I especially loved their work environment and all the chemistry. But that plot device – hard no because I’ve seen someone do that in real life and it’s just the DEFINITION of stupid to me so it doesn’t work AT ALL in a book.
- I started the Demon Slayer Series by Koyoharu Gotouge. I’ll just mention it because it’s amazing so far. I plan on doing a series review every so often. I’m currently on Volume 6 (which seems to be where the anime ends as of now).
Leave a Reply