As always my goal for my Physical TBR is to knock it way down. I’ve got 25+ years of books collected throughout my house and I’m still bringing stuff in on the regular. I’m certainly of no delusion that I’ll ever be near a 0 physical TBR but I want to have mainly things I’m excited about and things I would reread on my shelves.
So for Hauls I shoot to have read everything I bring in ASAP on the physical side. For my digital TBR it’s not at all a big deal as those books take up only the space of my Kindle or cell phone.
So how did I do for January?
Physical Books Hauled
- 5 Worlds: The Sand Warrior – Read
- Come Tumbling Down by Seanan McGuire – Read and Review Upcoming
- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott – Currently Reading
- The Twisted Ones by T. Kingfisher
- Krakatoa by Simon Winchester
- The Rise of Rome by Plutarch
- East of Croydon by Sue Perkins
- A History of Civilizations by Fernand Braudel
- The King of Ys: Roma Mater by Poul and Karen Anderson
- Remnant Population by Elizabeth Bear
- Sex in Georgian England by A.D. Harvey
- The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah
- The Great Bridge by David McCullough
- Mother of Kings by Poul Anderson
Total Hauled and Read : 2
Total Hauled and still Unread: 1 New, but working on it! 11 Used (all entirely purchased with credit)
- After the Dinosaurs: The Age of Mammals by Donald R. Prothero
- A Polar Affair: Antarctica’s Forgotten Hero and the Secret Love Lives of Penguins by Lloyd Spencer Davis
- Cold Storage Alaska by John Straley
- The Fall of Japan: The Final Weeks of WWII in the Pacific by William Craig
- Moan: Anonymous Essays on Female Orgasm edited by Emma Koenig – Read and Review Upcoming
- Unequal Affections by Lori S Orniston
- Static Ruin by Corey J. White
- Headliners by Lucy Parker – Read and Review Upcoming
Total Hauled and Read: 2, whomp whomp
Total Hauled and Unread: 6 – yikes
Unhauled Books (not listed this month as I did a ‘I’m resetting a room so my husband and his buddy can put in BJJ mats’ purge)
Total: 20 Unread, 20+ Read, so a lot
This all adds up to mean I’m reading MOSTLY library books at this point. I foresee this falling off and my reading on the Kindle and owned physical books list to go up. By the time this post goes up I’ll have had my daughter and I don’t know that I’ll have as much time to visit the library in the early few months. So February and March should be a lot more interesting!