I managed to unhaul two bags worth of books in my recent ‘catalog my books’ project. I’ve stopped buying books new unless I’ve tried it (library checkouts, samples online) previously. The used books though, that’s where I hit a hole. These are usually things I’ve heard about or sound interesting or I’ve already read. In my defense, 9 out of 10 times these books are free or less than 10 dollars for the each batch because I take so much trade credit in.
Some of the books I’m most excited about are:
- Daemon Voices by Phillip Pullman which I started when I had it checked out of the library but I loved the first two essays so much I had to get my own copy.
- Paddle Your Own Canoe by Nick Offerman mainly because I’ve been trolling the used bookstore for YEARS looking for a copy of this didn’t look like it came out of a trash pile. I’m so excited about this, I’ll probably read it as soon as I finish my library book stack (I’m on the last one, weeee!).
- Thisby Thestoop and the Black Mountain looks so cute, I can’t wait to get to this one. It’s part of my ‘Read More Middle Grade’ unofficial project.
- Three Hearts and Three Lions by Poul Anderson which I have already read and super enjoyed. It’s possible I’ve already talked about in a post a few weeks ago but if you like classic fantasy you’re going to enjoy this one.
- I’ve also read East and Last Days of New Paris and loved both of those, so wins there as well!
Anything else look interesting? Let me know down below. Have a good one guys.