The Book Life made a tag called The Mean Girls book tag and so I naturally had to take part. Also, her awesome blog post about it had almost all the gifs, which was totally fetch.
1. “It’s pronounced like Cady” – Which fictional character’s names did you get completely wrong?
Can I use all of them as an answer? Yeah? For real though. I’m from the Southern United States, they are pretty much all wrong when I say them.
2. “She doesn’t even go here!” – Which character would you like to place in a fictional world from another book or series?
Kate from the Kate Daniels series into Deadly Curiosities by Gail Z Martin. Oh man, for starters I think she’d love going back in time to when the world was reliant on waves of magic and I also think she’d totally dig what Cassidy and the others at Triffles & Folly are all about.
3. “On Wednesdays we wear pink!” – Repetition. Repetition. Which book gave you dejavu of another book whilst reading it?
Way back in the day I read Laurel K Hamilton’s books. I had started on her big series, what was it? Anita Blake? And then picked up the other series, the one with the fairies. I felt like they were carbon copies but with different names in a ritzier environment.
4. “You all have got to stop calling each other sluts and whores. It just makes it okay for guys to call you sluts and whores.” – Which book gave you the complete opposite of girl power feels?
The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins. Just. No thank you. Not for me, nope.
5. “You go Glen Coco!” – Name a character you felt like you wanted to cheer on whilst reading.
Carter from the Georgina Kincade series. CARTER IS LIFE.
6. “Get in loser, we’re going shopping!” How long do you typically spend at a book shop?
If I’m alone 30 minutes up. If I’m with someone or its really crowded my anxiety gets the most of me and it’s usually pretty quick.
7. “It’s not my fault you’re like in love with me or something!” – Which character would have to get out a restraining order on you, if they were real?
I don’t usually fangirl very long over a character. My current fangirlingness (yeah, that’s a word, don’t look it up, I read books I know things) is Carter from the Georgina Kincade series but I also just finished that today. By tomorrow I’ll be back to normal again.
8.“I can’t help it that I’m popular.” – Which overhyped book were you cautious about reading?
Rainbow Rowell’s books. All of them, which was completely ridiculous because they are beautiful amazing works of art and I love them.
9. “She’s a life ruiner. She ruins peoples lives.” – We all love Regina George. Name a villian you just love to hate.
Another tough one. Lets go with Garrosh Hellscream from the World of Warcraft novels and games. That poor misguided soul. He simultaneously tried so hard and failed so hard I don’t know if I pity him, hate him, or love him more.
10. “I’m not like a regular Mom, I’m a cool Mom.” – Your favorite fictional parents
. I’m going to go with Lou’s mom from Vermilion by Molly Tanzer. I just read this last month for book club and it was fantastic. Her mom seems like a very awesome, strong woman. I hope we get a lot more of her in the next books.
11. “That is so Fetch!” – Which book or series would you love to catch on?
The Dark Tower books by Stephen King. They are oldies but goodies. You just have to get past that first book, I swear! And once you’re past it rereading it really makes you appreciate it.
12. “How do I even begin to explain Regina George?” – Describe your ideal character to read about.
Someone I can identify with. She or even he needs to be strong, have a lot of agency and treat others fairly. I’m not down with this judging and belittling others that has become a trend. It really gets me after awhile.
13. “I just have a lot of feelings.” – What do you do when a book gives you a bad case of ‘the feels’?
Usually just freak out. Right there. There usually being my couch or my cube at work. The ladies behind me ignore me and my husband and our buddies around us just laugh at me.
14. “Nice wig Janice, what’s it made of?” “Your Mom’s chest hair!” – Which characters one liners would you love to claim for your own?
Greg from Me, Earl, and The Dying Girl had some winners. That novel cracked me up. John Green’s characters are also pretty clever.
15. “Boo, you whore.” – Name a time a characters decision has made you roll your eyes
Celaena from the Throne of Glass. She’s so cocky, she just dives right into things! I always play it careful and paranoid but she just goes for it. OH and Rose Hathaway. I spend 90% of every VA book yelling ‘STOP! JESUS H CHRIST’.
… and now I’m off to watch Mean Girls again because why the hell not.
Leave a Reply